3Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should not be skipped whatsoever, a good breakfast can keep you energised thougout the day and help you become more productive. In this post I decided to try peanut butter oats muffins to ensue and inspire you to start your day on a good note.
The contents in this masterpiece are loaded with fibre, protien and all the good stuff you need to include in your breakfast according to the experts.
Once again, you don’t have to be a good cook or have much experience in the kitchen for a recipe found on this website.
All you will need for this particular recipe are some eggs, milk, 1 cup of oats, flour and some peanut butter. (crunchy or smooth) and a few minutes to prepare your oven and ingredients for the baking process.
If your are using smooth peanut butter, you can add almonds, peanuts or even wallnuts to add the crunchy sensation to the muffins.
To optimise this meal, you can add fruits like bananas, kiwi, grapes and apples on the side to get more antioxidents and even potassium into your diet.
I have been experimenting with a variety of foods such as nuts, peanut butter, oats and more fruits to help me achieve new fitness goals like adding muscle and putting on some good weight so this ‘materpiece’ was one of them.
All the weight-loss, fitness and bodybuilding fanatics out there can look forward to another post workout or recovery meal/snack. It will absolutely help you achieve your goals provided you don’t over do it.
If you enjoyed this article/recipe, please do feel free to share with your friends and family on the social media platforms available. Also feel free to post your comments in the comments section below, your thoughts and opions are highly appreciated.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 250ml milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and oats
- In a seperate bowl, beat the egg with the milk and peanut butter until the peanut butter has 'disolved'
- Mix all wet ingredients with the dry ingredients to make the batter
- Add muffin cups into a muffin pan or grease the muffin pan if you don't have cups
- Add the batter into the muffin pan
- Insert into the oven and allow to bake for about 15-20 min or until golden brown
- Once the muffins have baked, allow for muffins to cool and enjoy