I was going through my favourite recipe idea spot (Pinterest) once again and came across another spectacular recipe to share. This time it was a beef taco recipe and I certainly couldn’t resist but feature it on the blog for each and every single one of my followers.
It seems like a great one for all the muscle builders out there looking for a high protein meal.
All that’s required for this “masterpiece” is some lettuce, peppers, carrots, shredded steak and tortilas and you are good to go.
It takes less than one hour to make and will blow you away. It certainly blew me away because I haven’t had much experience with tacos before and to my surprise, I recocnized some new talents tht I was not aware of.
The original recipe includes purple cabbage, green cabbage and green onions. But I added my own flavour and used shredded letuce instead of cabbages simply because I prefer lettuce over cabbage.
The important thing here is that the final product was impressive and the flavours came together for an apetising meal and a great post for social media platforms.
You can also do the same and experiment with other ingredients that you like and create your materpiece. If you don’t like chopping and peeling, frozen vegetables are also an option for you. There are so many options to choose from out there so you don’t have to be restricted to what is posted here or anywhere else.
My suggestion is that you have fun and ensure that you consume mostly vegetables and you will be “A” okay.
If you liked this article/recipe, please share it on the social media platforms availabe and don’t be shy to leave a comment in the comments section below and share your thoughts and opinions with the world.
- 4 Tortillas
- 2 shirlon steak fillets
- Lettuce leaves (washed and shredded)
- 1/2 chopped Pepper
- 1 grated Carrot
- 1 cup sliced Cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Wash the peices of steak and season
- Once the oven is ready, place the steak into a baking tray and drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.
- Grill the steak for 8 minutes on each side
- While waiting for the steak to grill, add the vegetables into a bowl and mix
- Once the steak is done, cut it into cubes and allow to cool
- On a totrilla, add the beef cubes created from your steak and the vegetables for the taco mix
- Serve and enjoy