I don’t know what it is about chicken breasts but lately I have become a huge fan of them and had to create yet another recipe including them.
It all happened when I was reading the September 2017 issue of Men’s Health Magazine (South African) edition.
There are so many recipes to choose from in that particular article but I chose to play it safe and went for the spinach, sweet potato and of course…. The infamous chicken breasts.
Like any other recipe found on this website, it is simple, healthy and can be done in less than one hour.
If you have been following the low carb, high protein guideline, this is a treat for you and if you are all about low calories, this recipe should also suit you just fine.
For all the gym goers out there who need a great post workout meal, this should also help with muscle recovery and muscle growth. The nutrients in this meal include all the vitamins you would normally get from some supplement pill found at a chemist.
This “masterpiece” got my creative juices flowing for some time and I must say, I was able to conquer yet another challenge and didn’t burn anything or under cook the sweet potatoes as they tend to get tricky from time to time.
Although I may have added my own flavour to the meal like I always do. You can do the same by adding cayenne pepper, lemon zest, paprika and even some paprika to enhance the taste according to you liking.
Feel free to play around with the recipe and have fun with the cooking process, after all it would be dull if you just copy and paste without adding your own magical touch to the mixture.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup of baby spinach leaves
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- Salt And Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes
- Cut the seet potatoes into wedges or any shape of your choice
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes
- Wash the baby spinach leaves in and place in a bowl
- Wash and season the chicken breast with either salt and pepper or any flavouring of your choice
- In a pan, fry the chicken breast until golden brown and allow to cool
- Once the sweet potatoes are ready, you may serve onto a plate along with the baby spinach leaves and the chicken breasts
- Enjoy and have fun!
If you liked this recipe/article, please be so kind as to share it with your friends and family on the various social media platforms available.
Reference: Men’s Health Magazine, Edition 239, Page 108